How to add funds to an Irrevocable Trust

Adding funds to an Irrevocable Trust for a sibling to sibling buyout

Add funds to an irrevocable trust

How do I add funds to an irrevocable trust?

When adding funds to an irrevocable trust in California you need to be cautious depending on that the purpose of adding the funds is. If ultimately one of the child beneficiaries (if multiple are involved) wants to inherit real estate, a third-party lender should be used if they want to transfer the parent’s low property tax base. Failing to do so could be viewed by the County Assessor as a sibling-to-sibling buyout if they inject their own money into the trust and jeopardize a full property tax reassessment exclusion. When obtaining a third-party loan, it is important to keep in mind that very few lenders will provide financing to an irrevocable trust. Most lenders will insist that during the lending process the home is removed from the trust and the loan be made to an individual as opposed to the trust once again putting the full property tax reassessment exclusion at risk.

Commercial Loan Corporation specializes in providing loans to Irrevocable Trusts. In fact, we are the #1 California Lender for trust loans. We can provide funding to an irrevocable trust for a variety of purposes, but the typical reason is to equalized the assets in a trust so that one of the children can keep the parents low property tax base and avoid reassessment. Are you, a sibling or a client in need of a trust loan? If so, call us at (877) 464-1066 or apply online. We will walk you through each step of the process and have established relationships with many of California’s Trust & Estate Attorneys.